Wednesday, March 5, 2014

"Be Still" in Mechanicsville


Querida Familia,
     Lo siento it snowing yesterday and we weren't able to leave the apartment...talk about most boring P-day ever! We were originally planning on going shopping to buy some summery clothes. Guess it's not time yet;)
     FELICIDADES to my little sister, Amelia, on her acceptance to BYU! She will be the cutest student the campus has ever seen!
     This past week has been pretty difficult, to say the least. I'm grateful for all the learning experiences that I'm having and I hope that soon enough I'll learn all that God has intended. As in, REALLY SOON;) In the mean time, I'm doing my best to "be still." We're having some companionship challenges and I'll leave it at that.
     From Wednesday night to Thursday night, Hermana Depablos and I went on an exchange with Hermana Carn to Chesterfield, which is South of Richmond. In the space of 24 hours, we taught 5 or 6 lessons! Milagros really do happen with the Sister Training Leaders:) We were so busy, that we didn't have time for lunch. But we did stop for 10 minutes to get ice cream at a Mexican ice cream shop:) Chesterfield is kind of like Little Mexico in Virginia. Hermana Carn finishes her mission in less than a month. She is super pulled together, speaks great Spanish, and truly loves her investigators. She is a perfect example of the kind of Hermana I'm working to become!
     On Friday we had Zone Meeting. One of the Sisters gave a training on hard work. She talked about how hard work is what helps us to be happy on our missions. She made a really profound comment: If there was any other way to be happy, then that's what she would be teaching. Hard work is the only thing that helps us deal with homesickness, sadness, stress, investigators incorrectly using their agency, etc. It was all very inspiring!
     Hermana Depablos has helped me apply these principles! She is very goal oriented! If you thought I was a goal oriented person, you would be blown away by her. I've become much better at setting small goals every night. For example, last night I set the goal to exercise well in the morning to feel better during the day. I focused on my exercise this morning, and now I feel like I have so much energy! It was something really small, but it has made a huge difference.
     Also, at Zone Meeting, I was asked to conduct the music. I requested that we sing #307 for the opening song. Hispanics LOVE that hymn. I suggest looking it up if you ever get the chance;)
     For the month of March, I'm studying the Christlike attribute of virtue! I've decided to read the entire Book of Mormon this month and mark it up according to that attribute. One thing that stood out to me in 1 Nephi is the word "desire." Lehi found the fruit of the tree of life to be "desirous" so he "desired" that his family would partake of it too. When the angel visited Nephi, he asked him what he most "desired," and Nephi responded that he "desired" to experience what his father had. One important aspect of virtue is keeping our desires in check.
     Sorry this is a shorter email, but I love all of you so much! Thank you for your emails, letters, prayers, and constant support! I wouldn't be able to do this without you and without the grace of our loving Heavenly Father:)
Love,  Hermana Crandall
*PS - The Zone Leaders left a nice message on our windshield this morning

No comments:

Post a Comment