Monday, July 21, 2014

"Deseo morar entre este pueblo por algun tiempo; si, quiza hasta el dia que muera."

Querida Familia,

     Sorry people, I don't have a bunch of time because we're going to the first ever Sister's P-day! We're going to make cookies, paint nails, all that good stuff. That and Hermana Penaloza needs to start packing... It's weird because we'll just knock doors and teach, and then the following day she'll be on a plane ride home. I've decided that I'm not going to let that happen to me. I think I'll just stay forever in Stafford:) And yes, I do feel better regarding the news from last week. I'm happy Louise is with her husbands now. And I've been praying for the Heidbrink family every day!

     We did a whole bunch of tracting this past week in the trailer park! We found a lot of new potentials and investigators. I've developed a great love for tracting. It's a great way to practice Spanish. That and every door is a surprise--you never know what you'll find on the other side! It's also been raining a TON here, which is nice because it keeps the temperatures down in the 80s. We got soaked a few times this week. Perfect tracting weather:)


      We've been in a movie-watching-mood. On Friday we watched "Testaments" con la familia Santiago to help them better understand the story in the Libro de Mormon. In our apartment (we live with the Accokeek Sisters) we watched the hour long Joseph Smith movie. We watched it at night after planning and getting ready for bed, so it took about four days to finish it. If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it!

     Saturday, the stake had a huge priesthood meeting. They asked the Spanish Branch to prepare the dinner. It was a grand effort, but it turned out really great. We got to help decorate, serve, and wash dishes. I really love my branch:) Everyone told us gracias and I was super happy. Not much else to share about this experience--only that I'm really proud of my branch and for their desires to serve and share. It's really neat to be a part of it and I hope I can stay another transfer!

*Sorry I really don't have much time, but here is what I wrote to President Wilson this week:

     The past few weeks I've been trying to eliminate distractions by doing a "40-day-fast." I took down pictures of my family and I've been working on memorizing hymns in Spanish. I also have been fasting every Sunday for specific blessings. (And I gave up candy!) Yesterday I fasted and prayed that our investigator, Robert, would be able to come to church. He's 9 years old and he has so much faith! He said that when he reads the Book of Mormon, he feels like Jesus is sitting next to him. He watched the Restoration movie on his own. We asked what he learned, and he said that if he has enough faith, he can see Heavenly Father! Anyway, his grandma is a member, but she works most Sundays. We called his parents on Saturday, and they said to call back Sunday morning. I started a fast Saturday night and prayed specifically that he would be able to come to church. We talked with his dad, and he said they already had plans and he wouldn't be able to go. I was pretty disappointed. Later at church, we were greeting people in the chapel when Robert showed up with his grandma! She said that it was a miracle that she was able to get work off that day and she didn't find out until Sunday morning that she didn't have to go in. I have gained a strong testimony of prayer and fasting! It changes us and blesses our investigators.

I love you so much!:)  Hermanita Crandall

*PS - It's at the point that I can't NOT pray in Spanish. In my personal prayers, sometimes I start English but I always finish in Spanish. It's so much easier now! I'm super pleased:)

No comments:

Post a Comment