Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I'm running out of clever subject lines for Accokeek!

Max and Sister Crandall
Dear Family,

     Sorry I spent so long writing individual people that I don't have as much time to write this one:/

     I want to begin with a birthday shout out to two of my wonderful sisters! Lindsay had a birthday last week! She's old, so I'm not going to publicly announce her age;) Amelia's birthday is this upcoming week, and she will be 18 years old! How is my baby sister an adult? How does this happen? I love them both so much:) 

     And now, our investigators:

*Melissa - Remember how she was super pumped and we put her on date? Well...two days later, she texted and canceled. Her fiance isn't on board with it and they're moving this week. It all happened really fast and Sister Olsen and I were a bit confused. I hope the missionaries find her in Caroline County! (Or I'll get moved down there?)

*Wendy - We visited her in the hospital after her knee surgery. She was a bit loopy, but came to as we talked longer. Guess what??? She knows Iz Kamakawiwo'ole! Something like her sister married his brother-in-law, and they were good friends. She even attended his funeral! (As did half of Oahu.)

*Fishers - Sister Olsen and I had a great lesson with them on Saturday! The parents finally admitted to having testimonies:) I think their biggest concern is wanting to be baptized as a family. We're still meeting individually with their daughter, and we're going to meet with mom on Wednesday to help her through Jacob 5. She and I are having a competition to see who can finish El Libro de Mormon first (mom is Puerto Rican). She's in Jacob 2 and I'm in 2 Nephi 25...I'm slowly catching up:)

*Tonya - We finally got a hold of her! She went on vacation with her friends and basically fell off the face of the planet. She didn't make her date, but she still wants to be baptized. She's having a hard time putting what she wants into plan.

*Christy & Alex - CHRISTY IS HOME! She spent that last month in her home state with her mom to play taxi after her mom's surgery. But she's back now:) And she wants to keep learning! I'm so happy! Alex gets home this week from his home country. We've decided to pass him over to the Elders. Hopefully he hasn't had any more dreams about the prophet being evil. I just want to remind you all that he was 8 days away from being baptized... :(

     School was canceled all of last week because of the horrendous weather! It snowed one whole inch! And it even got in the 20's! Yeah...they cancel school and shut down the government for anything less than sunny. We were "grounded" so we decided to have some fun in the snow.

     We had dinner at a member's home this past week, and when we came outside, we discovered that the Elders had "tagged" our car. They left a mormon.org card with a little note:) We have the best Elders. I sent a picture to mom, and she'll put it on the blog! #Iloveaccokeek #celestialward

     I've begun reading the OT again and I am super obsessed. I started a week ago and I'm already almost finished with Exodus. I read the OT and El Libro whenever I get the chance. So much happiness:) I love my new scriptures!

Have a great week! Love, Sister Crandall

No comments:

Post a Comment